Friday, April 11, 2008

Sick Kids

I ended up having to take Jacob to the doctors yesterday. He was at school and the nurse called me because he was wheezy. He has been coughing for the last couple of days, but he has not been acting sick. I thought the cough was because it has been soooo stinkin windy here. He has been going into the office every day for recess to get out of the wind and the nurse has been listening to him. But, yesterday there was wheezing. So, I took the nebulizer (breathing machine for people with asthma) down to the school and gave him a treatment. After the treatment the nurse listened to him and still wheezing. Not good. I called the doctor and they want to see him. We rush to get ready and we take off. It took me 2 hours to get to his doctors, I ended up being 10 minutes late. There was no one else in the doctors office because we were the first appt. after lunch. We waited for an hour to see the doctor. I have never had to wait that long. We didn't get to see our doctor because he is out of town. I was in a really bad mood at this point. Parker was really sleepy because I had to wake him up to go to the school and he never fell back asleep. And he missed his real lunch because we were in the car and then the doctor's office for soooooo long. All he got was a bottle and that was just not enough. It was really not fun. But, I am glad that I took Jacob because he ended up having pneumonia. It is just the start of it and only in the right side. So, I hope that since we caught it soon enough that it will go away really fast. I also had her listen to Parker because he has also been sick. He sounded fine. Good thing! So, we finally mad it back home at about 9:30 last night. I am really glad that I ended up taking Jacob in. As I was sitting waiting for the doctor I was thinking that I would be really mad if she came in and told me nothing was wrong with him. I hope he will be better soon.
At least I got to see my family for a little bit.

No comments: