The race was last weekend in Globe. We had so much fun and the boys did great! The funniest thing happened, it is funny now because no one got hurt. Right before the kids race, they have a practice lap so the kids have a feel for what they are going to be doing. Well, at the beginning of the race they have to go down this little hill and turn pretty soon after they start (no big deal if there wasn't so many kids in the race). So, Jacob and Riley take off and Jacob is in front going down the hill. At the end of the turn I see Riley catching up to Jacob and he is about to run into him. Riley doesn't get stopped soon enough and he hits Jacob's bike. Jacob keeps going and I see Riley get up and start running (I mean booking it down this hill as fast as he can go). I am looking around because I don't see Riley's bike anywhere. I look at Jacob and Riley's bike is stuck on Jacob's bike, Jacob is pulling it behind him. It was so crazy and funny. I really wish I had a video camera at that time because it is probably one of those have to see things. So, as this is going on the announcer is like, "Is that the brothers". I am just glad that he ran into his brother and not some other kid.
The one thing I did not like about the race is that there were so many kids racing at the same time. I know that made Jacob really nerves since it was their very first race. But, they did great and they had a ton of fun and they both said they want to do it again. Probably because they got trophies just for riding and medals for finishing. Jacob got 11th place in his group and Riley got 5th place in his. They did great and I am so proud of them. 
Riley is the one on the right, #45.Jacob is #70 going down the hill.
This is right after the race when they got their medals.
With dad back at camp.
The trophies that are almost as big as they are.
Chris also raced. This is the enduro cross section that they had to go through. It looks scary to me. Chris is the one on the left, in the black.
Chris also did great in his race. He got 4th place in his class. He just keeps getting better.
Great job to all my boys!!!







4 comments:
HAHAHA you didn't tell me about Riley's bike getting stuck to Jacob's and Riley running after it....I was laughing so hard!!! Sounds like a lot of fun and I can't believe the size of those trophies just for riding..they are huge! Good Job Boys!!!
How fun! They're so athletic already! So cute!! Miss ya.
How awesome and fun for the boys to ride in their first race-sounds like they both did great! (oh, and Chris too!!) Riley's story is way too funny, I can just imagine it, although especially glad to hear they were not hurt; a mom's first fear!!
Wow, good thing they're safe and happy :) Jared got Ky a little motorcycle for Christmas - I bet he would LOVE to put him in something like this. What fun to be in a family with all boys, huh?
Post a Comment