Tuesday, August 17, 2010

July Update

I am sorry that I am only updating every month. I feel that once a month is actually really good for me.
To start out we went to the high school to watch fireworks on the 4th of July. We were sad because this was the first year that Chris was not with us (he had to work). So we sat with some friends. It was nice!

We loved eating watermelon as we were waiting for the show. I was really glad that Cole was not afraid of the fireworks. We had a great time!

The bad news came when we got home from the fireworks - I forgot to put our dog (Moo) in the house when we left, so she ran away because she was so scared of the fireworks. We spent the next day driving around looking for her. We didn't have any luck. That night I made flyers to put up all over town the next day. We woke up the next day and My friend calls and said that she found Moo. She was down the street making her way home. We were so happy that she was ok and back home with us.

The day that Moo came home was Parker's birthday.

He turned the Big 3 years old. He is such a big boy now and so independent. He had a lot of fun on his birthday with all his friends. I made these really cute Popsicles for his party, they looked like watermelon. The kids seemed to really like them.
Shortly after Parker's birthday, my whole family went to Lake Powell. We had a BLAST!!!We did some hiking into this beautiful slot.This was Cole's favorite place. Well, he really liked anywhere that he could be in the water. He loved it.
We always have one day that is the pirate day. All the kids dress up in their pirate stuff and we decorate the boat with all kinds of pirate stuff and then Brown Beard comes and takes us on a treasure hunt. It was fun that Saundra and Michael also dressed up this year. We always look forward to this day.
I also managed to get some skiing in. I think I did pretty good. I won't lie; I was really hurting after. Haha.
The last thing we did before school started, was go camping. It was so much fun. We were so glad that Saundra and Michael came with us. These are just a couple of my favorite pics from the trip.



This was on Cole's birthday. He really liked being on the dirt bike.This was a really cool picture of Parker and Saundra's new puppy (Stark) running. I love it.This butterfly really liked hanging around our camp. It is so beautiful.

Sorry this post is so long. We had a busy, but very fun July.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

cute pictures. love "parkman" and i love the butterfly. looks like you guys are having fun this summer! i can't believe you're still out there skiing. you're awesome.

shawn, i love you.

ABAKC said...

The camping pictures bring back memories from when we went camping. I miss that and hanging out with you guys. Love ya!!!
Bonnie