Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prop 102



I just got this e-mail from my dad today with this video on it. As I watched it I wanted to cry because it made me think of what the world could be like for my kids if prop 102 doesn't pass.
Last night we were watching Dancing with the Stars and the advertisement for prop 102 came on. It was going back and forth with why to vote yes and not vote no, with showing the yes on prop 102 and no on prop 102 signs. Jacob (my 7 year old) was really confused at why they were saying yes and no for something. So, I was trying to explain it to him and what it was that they were talking about on the advertisement. When I told him it was about people wanting a family to have 2 daddies or 2 mommies, he looked at me like why would they want that. Then Jacob said "that is really bad to have 2 daddies or 2 mommies. Why would someone want that and not one of each". Then Chris said, "See, even a 7 year old knows that it is bad".
It makes me feel good that at least my kids know what is right and wrong on this issue. But it makes me sad that a lot of kids don't know this or don't realize that they don't know this.
I just really hope and pray that my kids won't have to grow up in an even harder world then what they already have to.

2 comments:

kate said...

I totally know what you mean, my family in California is dealing with the same issue. It's scary if it doesn't pass..

Sheila and Rusty said...

Love the shoe story! Just wait till they get to be teens and decide doing dishes means to throw everything away instead of the dishwasher!! (yes, that happened to us!)
Great idea to bring up the Prop issue-very scary indeed. Thanks for sharing with us-Love you guys!