Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What I have been up to.

Before After
My chairs were looking horrid, so I had to do something about it. This dinning room set was given to us. I can't even tell you how old it is. The kids have just torn them apart by sliding off of them.
Before I started this project, the only thing I had sewn was a little baby blanket. I really didn't know much about a sewing machine. I am really glad that you can't see all my mistakes in these pictures. I do think they turned out awfully good considering. Chris even said that he was really proud of me and my work. Yeah!!!
My next project is to refinish the wood of the chairs and the table. The table is what really needs it. It is so bad that I have to keep a table cloth on it. It is going to be a big project, so I don't even know when I am going to start. Can't wait!!!

6 comments:

Stevie said...

Woohoo! What to go Shawny!!! I am so proud of you, they look wonderful!

Sheila and Rusty said...

Wow, Shamu, those are awesome! I have sewed for years and that's better than I could have ever done! The wood should seem easy after that project!! Keep us posted-

Hayley said...

whoa shawnie!!! that's amazing work! that chair looks brand new!

Kay said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I can sew a little, but I don't know if I could refinish a chair! Go you!

Amy said...

That chair cushion looks great Shawn! Good job!

Jared & Larisa said...

Way to go, that is so awesome. And I love your boys' halloween costumes :) What are you going to be?